Saturday, December 18, 2010

Review: Misguided Angel by Melissa de la Cruz



Summary: After inheriting the dark Van Alen Legacy, Schuyler fled to Florence--with her forbidden love, Jack. Now the two of them must embark on the mission Schuyler was destined to complete: to find and protect the seven gates that guard earth from Lucifer, lord of the Silverbloods.

As the Blue Blood enclave weakens yet further, fate leads Schuyler closer to a terrifying crossroads--and a choice that will determine the destiny of all vampires.

Review: The beginning of this book immediately caught and had me at an even reading pace. I was neither bored nor excited about what I was reading. Instead, I was captivated and was launched straight into Schyler and Jacks new found adventure trying to find the gates and their freedom. Then to my surprise there was a part completely devoted to Mimi Force's story and what shes been up to in New York and to my greatest surprise I actually liked reading her bit. I enjoyed it very much more than Schyler and Jack's bits. Mimi's forth comings and hardships and all the plot twists in between really had me reading so much until the end. 

At the end of Mimi's part a new character was introduced, Deming Chen. Melissa really out did herself with this installment (esp the bit with Deming Chen) her writing has evolved completely and you can tell as you read from the first page till the end of the book. The best part was Deming's undercover job on finding certain evil people I will not mention.
  
To come to a conclusion, I really enjoyed this book. Melissa did out do herself and I loved her great plot twists and how inventive shes been. Her writing gets better and better. Misguided Angel is the best installment to the Blue Bloods series it was exciting, overwhelming and very captivating till the very end. 




  

2 comments:

  1. I love to see peoples thoughts on books that didn't really keep my attention. Although I did like the new character and I liked Mimi's part of the story. (I'm starting to like her character better) I missed some of the older characters though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldnt agree more with your review! i think its safe to say i feel the exact same way! I didnt absolutely love it, but it held my attention till the end! i kinda have a hate/love relationship with this book :\ i havent written my review yet... lets see if I can work some justice this holiday break :D

    Diana

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love comments they're what keeps me going with this blog.