Tuesday, March 12, 2013

NA Romance: 3 Sides to a Circle by Jolene Perry & Janna Watts


Hey Awesome People! Today, I have a wonderful book to share with you all! I can't access Goodreads right now so I don't know for sure. But this book sounds about New Adult as can be. 
What do you guys think?



3 Sides to a Circle
by Jolene Perry, Janna Watts
Release Date: 02/25/13
Paperback/e-book
205 pages
Amazon | Barnes & Noble






Love is the ultimate rush.

Freshman year of college isn't easy. But with a friend like Libby Patterson, it is unforgettable.

Libby is honest and fearless and adorable. She's the girl on campus that everyone knows. The life of every party. Infectious and addictive, Libby captivates all those around her. Particularly her roommate Honor and their boy bestie Toby.

But three isn't always a magic number. And there's more to this trio than what everyone sees.

When Honor finds herself falling for an artist, and Libby doesn’t approve, and Toby finds himself watching Libby more than he should...the sides of their circle become strained.

The three are suddenly stretched between friendship, love and taking sides. They must fight to hold on to each other. But the tighter the hold, the harder it gets. Especially when Libby's unpredictability turns dangerous. Now it's up to Honor and Toby to save her from the downward spiral that could break their circle for good.




So today, we’re going to talk a little bit more about Toby and how he came about. When we first started talking about his character, I knew that I didn’t want an alpha guy. I remembered my experience at college really well and the reality was that there were almost no alpha guys (none that I hung out with anyway). They were all just trying to figure it out like the rest of us. A little lost. A little unsure of themselves.

New Adult is a great genre and a great time of life to tackle because the emotional development in our late teens to early twenties is HUGE. Toby is out of his home state for the first time in his life. He’s on his own and everything is new to him. He looks around and sees possibility.

To us, he couldn’t be a strong alpha guy who is sure of everything he does because it doesn’t fit with the time of his life or his background. We wanted Toby to be co-opted into Libby’s world as much as everyone else. And more importantly, we wanted him to develop as a character so that he found some solid ground to stand on.

Prior to the story, Toby has spent most of his life being told what to do, where to go, how to be. He’s quiet and malleable. So when he crashes into Honor and Libby, that personality trait is still very present. But then things start to go south and he has to find his own footing and his own assuredness. This book was meant to explore all three sides of this circle and how they all grow together and a little bit apart.

We hope that we’ve done it right!

Favorite Toby lines:

“Okay, so two things have happened since basically spending all my free time with these girls: I’ve started to get used to Libby’s frenetic ramblings, and I’ve started to get really invested in chick stuff that I never would’ve cared about before. Especially if it involves how these girls feel about guys. It’s been a huge education. Like even better than having sisters because Libby does not hold anything back. “

“Libby shakes her head. “All guys are the same. Give them the girl-girl option and they’re all ‘fuck yeah, par-tay’ but throw in dude-on-dude sex, and they get all ‘I’m not interested in seeing that.’ What even is that? Dude sex is hot. At least as hot as girl-on-girl.”

I’m blushing. I don’t want to be, but Libby in a girl-girl option with Honor keeps flashing in my brain. “Girl-girl stuff is hotter. Because girls are…softer.”

I just said that. And my face has gone from slightly flushed to burning red. Libby’s lack of editing has now overtaken me. Honor won’t even look at me. She’s playing with her phone and the blotchy thing is happening on her neck again. My humiliation is complete. I might as well give them my masturbation schedule and fantasy list.”

THANK YOU!!

~Jolene and Janna

1 Nook Simple Touch w/ Glowlight - US Only
2 paperback copies - US Only
3 ebook copies - international





Jolene wears juvenile T-shirts, worn-out Chucks, and eats too much chocolate. She makes up words, drinks Shirley Temples, and suffocates a little without her iPod.

Website / Blog / Goodreads / Twitter / Facebook / Pinterest / Tumblr

Janna wears juvenile pajama pants, worn-out Chucks, and wakes up ridiculously early. Pen name abuser. Rule Breaker. Trouble maker. Corrupter of youth. In books.

Twitter / Goodreads


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love comments they're what keeps me going with this blog.